Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Studio Folly Project


My First Idea was to try and use controlled chaos to shape the light inside the folly and create shadows.
 My second Idea came to me while I was playing with the extra sticks that I had from making the first model. The way the pieces connect and flow between each other.
I researched Fay Jones with my group and I really enjoyed researching him, while there arn't many connections between my work and his. I can see some relation of the density of the thorncrown chapel and my projects.

When we split into groups I worked with Mason on his idea. I think It looked good from the start but when we started to try and add the cloud our group became divided and we struggled to come up with an idea and at the last minute we threw something together and I feel like that might be why it didn't win.


I have really enjoyed being able to go out to the site and see the change of scale in Leah's project. I feel like I have learned more from this project that will help me in the future than I have learned from any of my other projects. The group structure was a learning experience, It was difficult to work with the groups but in the end it was a good experience that will help me in the long run. I also enjoyed working with people to solve the problems of putting this thing together that we ran into at full scale and didn't have at small scale.




"Thorncrown Chapel." Thorncrown Chapel. N.p., n.d. Web. 8 May 2013. <http://www.thorncrown.com>.

No comments:

Post a Comment