Monday, October 8, 2012

My First Project

the first project: alex august



Throughout this project I experimented with the ideas of texture, shadow, and making a surface into a landscape. My models ranged from square cylinders to glue dots to embossed miniature circles onto a piece of bristol. 


This was the beginning of my project and the basis of all of my ideas. After creating this I realized that I was really interested in the square extrusions on the left of the model. The imperfections in them seemed to make sense enough to lead me to keep continuing with that idea. 



After creating these rectangles, I loved the shadowing and glare that the glue created. In an attempt to bring life into my rectangles, another idea emerged. Glue dots.

My glue dots brought the idea of texture on a plain piece of paper to life. The shine and feeling of the dots became really intriguing. My next obstacle was finding a way to perfect them. Instantly, the idea of embossing came to mind. I wanted to create an abstract image through density and texture. 


These next images are my final project. They were done on a piece of 18*24 bristol paper. I used numerous dots to create a pattern, and while you cannot actually feel the paper you can see the textures and circular extrusions through shadow.


No comments:

Post a Comment